Independent Medical Education
At GSK, one of the ways in which we support healthcare professional education is by providing grants for independent medical education (IME).
IME comprises activities that are delivered or implemented for healthcare providers without GSK influence on content, speaker faculty or audience selection.
Why GSK supports medical education?
Supporting medical education has always and continues to be very important part of what we do at GSK. The healthcare professionals who prescribe the medicines we develop are an integral part of a patient journey. Healthcare, particularly medicine, is an innovative and fast evolving area. We want to support healthcare professionals in ensuring they can access high quality, up to date medical education to help them make the best decisions for their patients.
Certificate Course in Management of Management of COPD and Asthma
- Information available at: http://www.ccca.org.in/
Certificate Course in Management of Thyroid Disorders
- Information available at: http://ccmtd.org/index.php
Online educational modules on Pneumococcal Vaccination
- Choices in the Era of PCVs: Weighing the Data, Clarifying the Issues. Module available at: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/864167
- Conjugate Pneumococcal Vaccines: A Global Success Story. Module available at: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/856047
Online educational modules on Varicella Disease & Varicella Vaccination
- Global Update on Varicella: Protecting Against an Old Enemy. Module available at: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/855570
- Varicella-related Disease Prevention: A Public Health Imperative. Module available at: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/853692
- Varicella Vaccination: Communicating With Parents and Caregivers. Module available at: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/841251
Pertussis Resurgent: Maximizing Protection Strategies in the 21st Century
- Online educational module to improve physician understanding regarding Pertussis.
- Module available at: http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/864168
ROTA - TV: Global Impact of Rotavirus Vaccination
- Online educational modules to improve physician understanding regarding Rotavirus Gastroenteritis.
- Modules available at: http://www.medscape.org/sites/advances/rotavirus-tv